A reliable supply of energy, its efficient storage and sustainable use are key challenges for our present-day generation and those to come. The Fraunhofer ISC with its R&D centers and groups works to develop intelligent thermal management solutions, efficient energy storage options and energy converter systems. Their research is supported by process simulations, novel measurement techniques, advanced analyses and in-house expertise.
Our services include
- Development of battery materials and components for stationary storage systems, mobile applications and electromobility
- Dust-repellent coatings for a more efficient yield of solar panels, solar thermal energy, and insulators
- Elastomer generators for a decentralized energy supply
- Encapsulated water-based phase change materials
- Barrier coatings for encapsulated organic solar cells
- Energy efficient cooling through magnetic approach (Project Group IWKS located in Hanau)
- Fiber-reinforced ceramic materials to substitute metal in high temperature applications (Center HTL in Bayreuth)
- Simulation and analysis of thermal processes to improve their energy efficiency (Center HTL in Bayreuth)
- Development of thermo-optical measuring (TOM) systems to analyze material behavior at temperatures above 2000 °C under variable gas atmospheres, climatic conditions, and pressures
- Read more about battery research on the website of our Fraunhofer R&D Center Electromobility Bavaria.
- Find out more about latest developments in thermal management on the website of our Fraunhofer Center for High Temperature Materials and Design HTL.
- Life is too short for the wrong battery
- EELICON – Smart light transmittance control
- Functional coatings increase yield of solar power plants
- Transparant high barrier film for organic electronics roll-to-roll pilot production
- Fraunhofer-Center for High Temperature Materials and Design HTL
- Scattering layers to improve the efficiency of solar cells and oled lighting