Exact knowledge of a material’s thermal behavior is of key importance, not only for components obviously destined for high temperature use but for all kinds of everyday applicatons as well. Sunlight alone may cause temperatures to rise up to 120 °C. In wintertime, temperatures may easily drop as low as -40 °C. Extreme temperatures are especially likely to affect composite materials and material combinations when the employed materials exhibit different thermal behavior. This may lead to typical types of damage.
The Center for Applied Analytics and the Center for Device Development are accredited to ISO 9001:2008. Both Centers specialize in the development of scientific research and analysis devices to characterize new materials or to enable quality control during production processes.
Range of services
- Thermogravimetric analysis (TGA) using coupled mass and FTIR spectroscopy
- Differential thermal analysis (DTA)
- Dynamic differential caliometry (DDC)
- Thermooptical measurements under controlled climate conditions (Klima-TOM)
- Development of thermooptical measuring (TOM) devices
- Get more information on our range of Analytical Services.
- Find our more about the development of thermooptical measuring devices on the website of our Center of Device Development.
- Please visit the website of our Fraunhofer Center for High-Temperature Materials and Design for more information on the development of high-temperature measuring methods.