How to reach us
Fraunhofer-Institut für Silicatforschung ISC
Approaching on the A3 Frankfurt-Munich motorway, or A81 from Stuttgart:
- take exit Würzburg-West and follow direction Würzburg West/Kist/Höchberg to federal highway B27;
- through roundabouts: follow B27 to Würzburg
- continue to follow B27 when B27 is joint with B8 – direction Würzburg
- continue on B8/B27 direction Würzburg. When leaving Höchberg, stay on left lane direction Würzburg-Nord, Nürnberg, Schweinfurt, Fulda (now joint federal highways B8/B27/B19
- Follow B8/B27/B19 to third big traffic interchange and turn right just in front of the bridge over the river Main. Turn right again at next traffic light. Cross the intersection, after 50 m you have reached the entrance to the institute site (blue gates). Please report via gate intercom to the reception desk for further information.
(Approx. 13 km/15 min from motorway exit)
Approaching on the A7 Kassel-Ulm motorway, or the A3 Munich-Frankfurt motorway:
- take exit Würzburg-Estenfeld to B19 direction Würzburg or exit Rottendorf to B8 direction Würzburg,
- on entering the city, follow signage Stadtring-Nord and B8/27 in direction of Fulda/Heidelberg until exit Congress-Centrum/Heidelberg/B8. Cross the river Main over the Brücke der Deutschen Einheit (Bridge of German Unity)
- turn left right after the bridge, then turn right at the next traffic light. Signposted entrance and visitor parking lot after approx. 150 m on your right.
(Approx. 12 km/15 min from motorway exit)
Additional parking facilities are located on the Talavera festival and parking lot right next to the institute or in the institute´s underground car park (entrance from Georg-Eydel-Strasse 2).
- By taxi, it takes approx. 5 min from Würzburg Main Station to the Institute
- By foot, it takes approx. 15 min - exit the station building to the right and follow the park path (parallel to the main street Röntgen-Ring), then continue to the river Main, cross the bridge and the . The Institute's main entrance is in the green glass building situated on the right side of the street
- By public transportation, it takes approx. 5 min driving time, trams start every 12 - 15 min (Mo-Fr, in the daytime) directly from Würzburg Main Station. The tram stops are in front of the station building, take tram no. 2 in the direction of "Zellerau". Descend at "Nautiland" tram stop. You will see the Institute's buildings in driving direction across the street.
- Nearest international airports are Frankfurt (FRA), Nürnberg (NUE) and Munich (MUC), with frequent connections by train to Würzburg
- ICE or IC train from Frankfurt/Main airport to Würzburg Hauptbahnhof, then as above.
Link to Google Maps