The Fraunhofer ISC with its R&D Center Electromobility Bavaria works to develop or optimize battery materials and processes for efficient stationary or mobile energy storage systems. In close cooperation with industry, the R&D Center for Electromobility investigates promising materials for electrodes, electrolytes, and other cell components and designs new methods for their manufacturing and processing up to pilot scale. The Center uses state-of-the-art high-end technology for comprehensive analyses of cell components and batteries.
Current R&D areas
- Lithium-ion batteries (LiB) – i. a. modification of high-energy cathodes and anodes, solid-state electrolytes
- Metal-air batteries – i. a. development of catalysts, design of interfaces
- Lead-acid batteries (LAB) – i. a. additives for electrode masses
Our services to customers
- Development of battery cell materials and components
- Process development
- Battery and cell manufacturing
- Modern test methods and high-end equipment for new and aged battery cells (e.g. accelerated cell aging)
- Comparative test methods, e. g. for laboratory cells and aged cells or different prototypes
Please visit the website of the Fraunhofer R&D Center Electromobility Bavaria to learn more about our activities in the fields of batteries and energy storage systems.