The Fraunhofer ISC offers extensive services around the analysis, testing and characterization of materials, components, cells and battery systems. Our state-of-the-art laboratories and pilot plant facilities feature the required infrastructure for complex and detailed screening and evaluation tasks.
Current R&D priorities
- Battery and cell tests, evaluation and monitoring of operating conditions, lifespan, charging behavior and other battery properties
- Tests to locate chemical alterations
- Post-mortem analysis to investigate aging processes
- Laboratory and industrial scale testing: 350 test channels, up to 600 V, -40 °C to +80 °C
- Advanced analysis methods (e.g. aging or non-destructive methods) and comparative measurements
- High-throughput testing under controlled atmosphere
- Cell characterization in inert gas atmosphere
- Cyclization under extreme ambient conditions
- Sample preparation for artifact-free characterizations
Our services to customers
- Testing of novel materials and battery systems
- Data for simulation models for the development of new battery cells
- Comparative prototype testing
- Manufacturing of test cells
- Evaluation of existing battery technologies to optimize production yields
- Compilation of solid databases for subsequent optimization or development tasks
- Consulting on the selection of materials or components
- Battery assessment
- Find out more about the Fraunhofer R&D Center Electromobility Bavaria.
- Find out more about the analytical services of our Center for Applied Analytics.